Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Current Nutritional Suppies

Morning:
..2 Aloe Vera 200:1
..1 Chromium Picolinate (500mcg)
..1 B Complex
..2 Green Tea (150mg e.)
..1 ViMulti (DHEA) (as of 7/6/11 I am out of stock and not repurchasing for the new price of $60)

Noon:
..1 Aloe Vera 200:1
..2 Green Tea (150mg e.)
..1 Oil of Olay Collagen (no longer manufactured)
..1 Oil of Olay Even Complexion (no longer manufactured)
..1 Flaxseed (1000mg)
..1 D Vitamin (5000iu)
..1 Biotin (1000mcg) 3xs per week

Evening:
..1 Flaxseed (1000mg)
..1 L-Carnitine (1000mg)
..1 C (500mg every other day)
..1 Folic Acid (800mcg)
..1 Ginko Baloba (120mg)

Bedtime:
..1 Flaxseed (1000mg)
..1 L-Carnitine (1000mg)
..1 Multi


I spoke to my doctor a few weeks ago about my supplements.  As I am taking a multi-vitamin, some of the other supplements are not imperative, but I have chosen to up the dose for personal purposes, mostly I am referring to my B vitamins, however biotin and folic acid are also bumped up among other suppies.  My doctor advised me that taking flax seed oil and fish oil is redundant and that one or the other will be fine.  Recently I learned that flax seed oil contains twice as much omega-3 as fish oil.  I am researching L-Carnitine for its weight loss support.

L-CARNITINE AND FAT BURNING:
  • L-Carnitine assists in the transport of long-chained fatty acids that are burned for energy.
  • L-Carnitine enhances the consumption of fat as a source of fuel.
  • L-Carnitine has been shown to increase the amount of fat you burn during both anaerobic (strength training) and aerobic (cardiovascular) workouts.
  • L-Carnitine plays an important role in mobilizing fatty deposits found in tissues of overweight individuals.
  • L-Carnitine helps remove fats waste products (ketones) from the blood stream.
  • Effective carnitine activity helps to discourage fatty build up in the liver, heart, and skeletal muscle.
  • L-Carnitine has been shown to improve lean muscle strength. Maintaining muscle tissue takes four to five times more calories than maintaining fat tissue, which is important for permanent weight loss.
  • L-Carnitine helps to stabilize blood sugar and eliminate cravings for carbohydrates.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...